OMAHA, Neb., (May 2, 2023) – DCIG is updating its software-defined storage (SDS) research covering solutions providing file protocol access to storage resources. These solutions are commonly referred to as network-attached storage (NAS.)
DCIG invites solution providers to participate in the survey research taking place through May 2023. DCIG will publish results beginning in the 3rd quarter of 2023. These DCIG TOP 5 reports help IT decision-makers save valuable time through a succinct analysis of available solutions.
DCIG TOP 5 SDS NAS REPORT BENEFITS
IT Executives and managers will find the results of the independent research DCIG conducts in the SDS marketspace valuable, through:
- Saving time discovering, researching, and analyzing products for consideration
- Understanding essential factors enterprises should consider
- Identifying important differentiators between top solutions
A growing number of businesses are adopting software-defined storage. SDS decouples storage software from its hardware. Businesses value SDS software for the flexibility SDS gives them to use the hardware of their choosing, and even deploy the same storage solution on-premises and in the public cloud.
SDS NAS RESEARCH: BLOCK, FILE, OBJECT, UNIFIED, AND UNIVERSAL STORAGE
DCIG’s scan of the SDS marketplace revealed dozens of SDS NAS providers. DCIG defines SDS NAS solutions by their support for file storage protocols, typically NFS and SMB. Solutions may also support other protocols such as block and object, but MUST support file protocol access.
A wide range of use cases and deployment scenarios will be evaluated including:
- Capacity Management
- Cyber resilient storage (data security and protection capabilities, including ransomware mitigation and recovery)
- Edge – Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO)
- Edge – Small Office/Home Office (SOHO)
- Edge – IoT
- File Sharing
- File Collaboration and Synchronization
- File movement or migration
- Global data governance
- High performance computing (AI/ML, Big Data)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Kubernetes-based (containerized)
- NAS Consolidation (on-premises)
- NAS Consolidation (cloud-based)
- Media (images, video, audio)
- Secondary Storage (e.g., archive, backup, capacity focused, disaster recovery)
INVITATION FOR SDS NAS PROVIDERS TO PARTICIPATE
DCIG invites all SDS NAS storage providers to participate in the survey research. Storage providers can ensure they receive a survey by contacting the DCIG analyst leading the research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRELIMINARY LIST OF SDS NAS SOLUTIONS FOR EVALUATION
Based on a preliminary scan of the marketplace, DCIG identified the following solutions to be evaluated for possible inclusion in the SDS NAS research and is reaching out to them.
- Acronis Cyber Infrastructure
- Buurst SoftNAS
- Cohesity SmartFiles
- Commvault Distributed Storage
- DataCore Swarm
- DDN NexentaStor
- Dell Technologies IsilonSD Edge
- Dell Technologies Unity VSA
- Elastifile (Part of Google Cloud)
- Hitachi Vantara Content Platform
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
- IBM Storage Scale
- iXsystems TrueNAS
- Lucidlink Filespaces 2.0
- NetApp ONTAP (ONTAP Select)
- Nutanix AOS
- Nutanix Files
- OpenDrives Atlas
- OSNEXUS QuantaStor
- Panzura CloudFS
- Peer Software – PeerGFS (Global File Service)
- Red Hat Ceph Storage and Gluster Storage
- Stonefly StoneFusion
- Swiss Vault
- Tiger Technology
- Veritas Infoscale
- VMware vSAN
- Weka FS
The survey data collection period runs through May 12th, 2023. Survey data is based on publicly available and vendor-provided information. DCIG will publish the results of its analysis beginning in the 3rd quarter as one or more DCIG TOP 5 reports. We will announce the release of each report via the DCIG website and email newsletter.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE RESEARCH PROCESS
The survey captures data on solution features and capabilities from an end-user perspective. It contains a mix of multiple-choice, check-all-that-apply, yes/no, and short answer questions. The survey instrument allows multiple people to contribute.
There is no charge to participate in the survey or be selected as a top solution provider. The reports will focus on the positive aspects of the leading solutions. Reports may focus on on-premises, cloud, or other specialized use cases.
The Data Center Intelligence Group (DCIG) empowers the IT industry with actionable analysis. DCIG analysts provide informed third-party analysis of various cloud, data protection, and data storage technologies. DCIG’s audiences include C-level executives, IT managers, IT professionals, magazine editors, bloggers, analysts, and providers within the IT and cloud service industry.
More information on DCIG.
### If you would like more information about this DCIG research, please contact Todd Dorsey at 844.324.4552 x 904 or email email@example.com.